Coaching and Therapy FAQs

Are you licensed?  Are you affiliated with any other practitioner?

I am a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) licensed to practice in the State of California.  In California, regulation of Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) falls under the jurisdiction of the California Department of Consumer Affairs Board of Behavioral Sciences.  This license does not cover me as a coach, and there are no licenses available for coaches in the United States.

I am a clinical member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, the premier professional organization for MFTs in the State.

I am a past president of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (and a bunch of other professional associations for learning consultants).

I am a sole practitioner in private practice.  Other than as a co-occupant of office space (as a sub-lessor or a lease-holder who subleases office space), I have no business association or affiliation with any other practitioner who may be working in my Encino or Valencia practice office locations.

On occasion, I may collaborate with other independent contractors and consultants on a project-by-project or client-by-client basis.  Most often, this will relate to my work as a learning specialist, not as a therapist.  When it comes to therapy and coaching engagements, I will offer referrals to other independent practitioners for services that are outside the scope of my license, outside the scope of my expertise, or when it is more ethical and in my client's best interests to offer a referral to another service provider.

*** Back to FAQs ***